Monday, October 17, 2005

Mountains 'n' Mesas in Southwest Colorado

On August 23, 2003, I left my beloved Idaho for a questionable future in Texas. I had a car full of clothes and some other crap. I drew what I thought was a strait line between Pocatello and north Texas through the southwest on my map. I drew another strait line that included the states of Kansas and Oklahoma, but I wouldn't have any of that; no offense, but you both are too flat. I chose the first line. The first thing I saw after leaving the Great Basin was the cool sedimentary formations that make up the Colorado Plateau:

I then proceeded to Grand Junction and up over the Tuleride pass as my strait line dictated (my strait line included a 11,000 ft pass and winding switchback) .




I had a bit of a hairy time that day before I descended into New Mexico. I came away with one thought: Southern Colorado is cool. I wouldn't mind living there some day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home